Wednesday 24 February 2016

Zentangle Butterfly

Zentangle Butterfly
 
A little bit of fun and whimsy.  I received a pack of prismacolor pencil crayons for Christmas and decided to use them for the first time to play with color-shading this butterfly.  I’m quite pleased with how it turned out.
 

Zentangle butterfly color shaded
ZIA Butterfly colorfully shaded


The best lesson I learned from this piece is to color and shade before you use the microns to do the inner designs. You can see the smudging in the wing flaps where I tried to shade after putting the designs in.

2 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job of shading the orange. I didn`t know you could shade so well with coloured pencils! I should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kannik! I was lucky enough to get Eni Oken's shading book for xmas. It has great tutorials for shading with color. There's no marker in this one, I haven't quite worked that technique out properly yet.

    ReplyDelete