Friday 25 March 2016

Shattuck and Akoya Double the Challenge


Double the Challenge/Double the Fun

Another double challenge, with Eni Oken’s shading zentangle challenge of Akoya and The Diva’s monotangle Shattuck.  Okay so I’m not sure if it’s considered a monotangle since I used another tangle within the tangle, but I’m going to go with yes, it is. I debated with myself considerably over this.  There was arguing, some thrown dishes and thrown words, a bit of hair-pulling and the nothing for a while during which time I gave myself the silent treatment.  Eventually though, I succumbed and agreed with myself that yes, this was still a monotangle.


That being said, I'm still not completely happy with either of the tangles here.  Akoya is proving to be more difficult than I expected (and this is my second one) and I was hoping for more depth with the shading on the shattuck. Still... it was a fun piece 'til the fight broke out.


shattuck and akoya zentangle
shattuck and akoya zentangle

So as you can see, it was challenging challenge.  But alas, here is the end result.  (In all that bickering I forgot to take a before shot)

No comments:

Post a Comment