Tuesday 5 April 2016

Fasset and Slits

Double the Challenge, Double the Fun

(not part of the Mysterious Mega Zentangle Challenge)

Doing the Double the Challenge, Double the fun again with Eni’s FB Slits Challenge, and The Diva’s Fasset Challenge. Double the challenge, double the fun, and double the tiles! I rolled the two challenges into one and here’s what became of it on the first try.

 

As with first attempts at any tangle, there is always a learning curve. For this one, I did as the original Fasset challenge suggested and went for a random array of triangles as my base.  Sadly, I was so consumed with how this was going to turn out, I didn’t take any before pics.  I found some of the “triangles” sort of worked themselves into a pattern, while others, not so much, making it look kind of messy. When I finished the tile, I shrugged and thought, “hmm… well it’s alright, but it could be better.”

So I got out another tile and tried again, this time with more uniform triangles and I liked the results so much more.  This one pops and there is no “Where’s Waldo” effect to it, which is definitely an improvement.

 

On this one, I half-heartedly remembered to take before pics. 


Before connecting lines

 
After connecting lines but before Shading

But the final piece is the one that puts a smile on my face.




Here's a double shot of the two together

Fasset and slits Zentangle Shaded
Fasset and slits Zentangle Shaded


10 comments:

  1. Oh this is clever. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. Fun and striking looking! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are great. Fun to see them side by side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work and I love the tile display. I had a similar problem when I tried to let the triangles fall where they liked

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very KOOL, love the slits and your Fassetts have such wonderful variation of sizes and perspectives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful way to present Fassett!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much ladies! It's so nice to get feedback. The Yorkshire Tortoise, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who ran into the particular frustration :)

    ReplyDelete