Tuesday 26 April 2016

First Attempt at Jaysix


First Attempt at Jaysix


Jaysix Zentangle Shaded
Jaysix Zentangle Shaded

 Eni Oken’s challenge this week involved a pattern she came up with while playing with Cruze.  She named it Jaysix because it’s always 6 lines.

So this was my first attempt at Jaysix.  The pattern will forever remind me of Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure and Bogus Journey because that’s what we were “watching” while I worked on this piece. That tends to happen quite a bit, each pattern I learn reminds me of whatever we threw on the tv while I was drawing.  Since our interests vary drastically, an interesting collage of shows/movies play out in my head when I mix in a few different patterns. 

The pattern itself is fairly simple, but I find myself a little lost when adding a bunch together. It required more practice to get a groove going, but alas, this is my first attempt.

Before Shading:  (as you can see I almost forgot to do this pic as I started to shade)


After shading:


 


No comments:

Post a Comment