Monday 11 July 2016

All Things Skye Zentangle

All Things Skye Zentangle

 

The Skye Zentangle was created by Margaret Bremner and she really gets all of the credit here.  What an amazing pattern to create! 

I had a tough time getting the hang of this tangle. Hence the obsession with it and multiple Skye tiles/pieces.  I might have gotten a wee bit carried away on this one, but when I love a pattern, I want to get it right, and I want to learn it in a way that it will become second nature for me to draw it up on the spot.   

There are probably many different approaches to this tangle.  This video gives you the basics you need to get started.



 

 Changing the size of the loops and the longer lines can really alter the look of this design.  


Here are a few of my the pieces you might have already seen, but they really show some of the variations this pattern can have.


Skye Zentangle
Skye Zentangle

 

And finally, a look at all of my Skye Tangly goodness together in one shot. 


Skye Zentangle
Skye Zentangle



1 comment:

  1. Thank You! I have struggled with this pattern since day 1. Your vid makes it so much clearer for me. I'm not giving up on this pattern...I love it.:)

    ReplyDelete